Thanks for visiting our site. I hope you enjoyed the interview we did with Kyle Hunt at Remodel Buddy, a marketing coach company for remodelers and home improvement professionals. Below are some helpful links and additional information for improving your online presence as a contractor.
The most important thing to start with is to claim your local business listings in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Below are the links to do just that. Each of them are free so there’s no excuse for not doing this right away.
Here’s the link to look up your business.
Once you have claimed your listing you will need to verify your information. Google will provide you with a PIN by phone or by regular mail. Once you receive your PIN you will need to log into the Local Business Center and verify your listing.
You will need to go here to sign up for your Yahoo Local Business Listing. You will need a Yahoo login, so if you don’t have one, you’ll have the ability to sign up during the process.
You will need to go here to claim your Microsoft Map listing. You will need a Windows Live ID, so if you don’t already have one, get one of those first.
We also have our own Local Search Engine Business Profiles that are very well optimized for local search. Approximately 90% of them are on the front page of Google for their primary keyword phrases. For a limited time, we are offering a 50% discount for the first year. After that, it will automatically renew each year for $99.
We also recommend that you get your business listed in as many relevant online business directories as you can. You can find a multitude of free directories in which to list your business, but many of them will be of little value to your business.
There are also a handfull of paid directories (along with a couple of free ones) that we recommend. Below is a list of those directories along with a link to get signed up.
- DMOZ – http://dmoz.org/add.html – free
- Yahoo Directory – https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/submit/intro/ – $299/yr.
- Business.com Directory – http://www.business.com/info/advertisewithus.asp – $299/yr.
- Best of the Web – http://botw.org/helpcenter/submitcommercial.aspx – $99.95/yr.
- Go Guides – http://www.goguides.org/addurl.html – $69.95/yr.
- Joe Ant – http://www.joeant.com/suggest.html – $39.99/yr.
- Rubber Stamped – http://www.rubberstamped.org/add-url-front.htm – $39.95/yr.
- Illumirate – http://www.illumirate.com/add_your_site_exp.cfm – free
- Wow Directory – http://www.wowdirectory.com/howtoadd.php – free
- Skaffe – http://www.skaffe.com/info/addurl.php – $44.99/yr.
- Massive Links – http://www.massivelinks.com/ – $29.99/yr.
- Starting Point – http://www.stpt.com/directory/ – $99/yr.
If you don’t have the time or inclination to do this yourself you can take advantage of our Link Building Program and we’ll take care of everything for you.
Don’t forget about doing a few press releases. The two sites we recommend are PRWeb and FreePressRelease.com. As I mentioned on the podcast, PRWeb seems to give you a little more exposure and a lot more flexibility, but you will benefit regardless of which one you choose.
If you have your own web site already and you’re not getting the traffic you want or generating the leads you want, you may want to consider one of our SEO Plans. After all, that’s our specialty and we’re proud to say that every single site we have worked on has gotten front page placement in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
And lastly, if you don’t have your own website, what are you waiting for? Every single day people in your town are searching for your services online. If you’re not there, you’re losing money. For a very reasonable fee we can set you up with a small business website and blog of your own, one that you can add content to and edit as often as you please.
To your success!
Ken Partain (follow me on Twitter)